This is part one of two because it is really two meals in the making. Make today's recipe one day, eat it for dinner. Use the leftovers the next day for a delicious meal that doesn't feel like leftovers.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fat free Italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) Jack Daniel's Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- 3 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Mince the garlic and add to the crock pot.
- Add the brown sugar, Italian dressing, Worcestershire sauce, and barbecue sauce to the crock pot and whisk to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts (yes, still frozen!) in the crock pot, turning to cover in the sauce.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook on low for eight hours or high for four hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and serve on sliced rolls.
Be sure to save some for leftovers! You'll need about a half cup for tomorrow's recipe.
I love this recipe's versatility, its delicious smell that permeates your house throughout the day, and its ease of making. What could be easier than throwing everything in a crock pot and coming back eight hour later to a savory, sweet, home-cooked meal?